Scares at the Nursing Home


Estimated reading time:


Scares at the Nursing Home


Description: A dietary aide who works at the Nursing home shares some unusual incidents happened with her.

I've been a dietary aide at a nursing home for people who have Alzheimer's near my house for about a year now. In that time, I've had some scary instances while working there. For my job I mainly just wash the dishes that get brought back to the kitchen. I'm usually standing right next to the dishwasher, and it is hard to hear what people are saying from time to time.

There has been some times that while I was washing dishes, I heard someone talking to me even though I knew that no one was nearby. I have 2 experiences that I am going to be talking about. Mainly, though, is going to be one that I thought was scary and sad at the same time.

The units that are at the nursing home are lettered from A-F. There are usually 3 people left when we do the dishes.

The first experience that I had was when I was going to go to A units to grab the food cart. The people on that unit usually never bring their stuff back to the kitchen for me to wash, but I felt like I was being followed the whole time to the unit. I didn't want to turn around because I had a bad feeling about it. So, while I was walking to the unit, I pretended to use the bathroom.

From the hallway, you had to turn a corner to get to the bathrooms, so I thought about seeing what it was just by waiting. I ended up waiting there for about 5 minutes so I looked down the hallway that I had just walked, and I saw a person that I thought was a patient. I then realized it was a patient that died 3 days prior on a unit near the kitchen.

The second experience that I had while I was washing the dishes on a different day. I asked the person I was washing the dishes with if he could go to A unit to get what was left of the unit’s things. That person went, and the other worker I was on shift with had already left for the day.

While I was washing the dishes, at first the only sounds I was noticing were dishes hitting the water, the dishwasher, and a fan. Then I heard a person’s voice in my ear. I turned around, and found no one, then ended up going into the hallway to see if I could see the person doing it, but found no one. I tried not to think about it at all, and then it happened again.

When it happened again, I realized it was the voice of my great-grandma, who passed away 7 years ago. I find this to be scary and sad because, for one, she didn’t die at the nursing home I work at.

Credit: Swagman434

0 Comments